A prerequisite for the retrievability of the Content is that the user allows the website technologies used by Equilec, such as Java Script, and that the user has not activated any adblockers or other technical functions in the browser used to visit the websites on Equilec's portals that would allow the editorial or advertising content delivered by Equilec to be modified. Equilec is not obligated to grant the user general access to the portals if the user does not ensure the aforementioned requirements for the retrievability of the content.
For certain contents of the textbooks and exercises as well as for certain services, Equilec charges a user fee for which users must register separately. Separate terms and conditions apply to individual areas of the service. When registering for these areas, users are expressly informed of the relevant terms and conditions for these areas. Such more specific conditions then take precedence over these conditions for the use of such services.
To the extent that individual pages of the offer contain special notes on the use of the respective content, these shall apply in addition to these General Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. Content rights of the offer and their use
1. Reservation of rights: We and the data suppliers for the offer reserve all copyrights and other protective rights to the offers including layout, software and their contents.
2. Use for personal purposes only: The contents of the offer may only be used by users for private, i.e. own personal and non-commercial, purposes. Not private is any use for professional purposes and any use by foundations, corporations and institutions under public law, associations, libraries, authorities and courts.
3. No reproduction or disclosure: The disclosure of content to third parties (including excerpts) and storage in third-party storage systems ("cloud") are not permitted without our consent. It is prohibited to include and/or display the web pages belonging to the portal or their contents by means of a hyperlink in a partial window (frame). It is prohibited to read data from the portal by means of technical aids (e.g. crawlers, spiders, text/data mining) or to store content in database systems.
4. Exceptions for individual content: Only the content selected by for this may be shared via the corresponding buttons in social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Xing, LinkedIn, WeChat or sent by e-mail.
5. Commercial use: Any use of the content for commercial purposes is prohibited, unless we have agreed in writing in individual cases. Rights of use can be acquired from us.
6. Copyright notices and/or trademark designations: Such and other indications in the contents may not be changed or removed.
7. Modification/discontinuation of the offer: We reserve the right to terminate or restrict the offer as a whole or parts thereof at any time. This includes in particular the free services and offers and especially in the area requiring registration. Insofar as users have registered for a paid service, a discontinuation of the services will take place after announcement within a reasonable period of time.
8. Contents of users: Provided that within the portal also users contents can adjust we point out expressly that these statements, information, opinions, recommendations, photos, diagrams, audio, video files etc. do not originate from us and also in our name do not take place. Rather, it is exclusively content from portal users that has not been checked by us and that other users have posted themselves. It is therefore possible that the content does not correspond to the truth or violates the rights of third parties. It is also possible that persons listed as the sender are not the sender of the statements or their authors. Statements may also be deliberately intended to mislead or deceive readers. We will of course try to remove such statements from the user-generated content areas and ask for information in this regard at email@example.com. Under no circumstances, however, should users use statements made as a basis for decisions. We are not responsible for such content.
1. Scope of application: The customer login in the sense of the following regulation includes all personalized services of the portal, in particular contributions, newsletters, etc. A change in the data provided during registration must be reported immediately under the heading "Login".
3. Minimum age: Paid offers can only be used by persons who have reached their 18th birthday.
4. Access data: When registering for the portal, the user assigns himself a password. As login we use his specified e-mail address.
5. Information on innovations and similar offers: We inform registered users by e-mail about new features of Equilec. Users can object at any time with effect for the future, e.g. by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by simply clicking on the appropriate link at the end of the e-mail.
8. Confidentiality of access data and misuse: The user is responsible for ensuring that his password is not accessible to third parties. The user assumes full responsibility for all actions taken using his login name in conjunction with his password. The user undertakes to notify us immediately of any misuse of his/her login name/registration as soon as it becomes known to him/her. In the event of misuse, the user shall immediately change his password. We and our data suppliers exclude any liability for damages resulting from unauthorized or incorrect use of password-protected logins of the user.
9. Cancellation of the user account: The user can terminate his access authorization to the areas of the portal requiring registration at any time by giving notice in the "Login/Delete Account" area, so that from this time onwards access to Equilec is no longer possible with the password issued to the user and the login name chosen by the user. The user's data will then be completely deleted as soon as the data is no longer required for billing purposes for paid services. The login name used by the user will be blocked.
1. Suitability of the content: We do not guarantee that the content will meet the user's expectations or that the user will achieve a specific goal pursued by him with the content.
2. Availability: We do not guarantee that the offer is available to the user at certain times. In particular, we therefore do not guarantee in the event of disruptions, interruptions or any failure of the offer or that the data entered by the user is permanently stored and permanently retrievable.
3. Accuracy, completeness, timeliness: The content published on the portal also comes from third parties. We and our data suppliers cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content.
4. Contents in the field of health: With regard to the contents of the offer, it applies that neither we nor our data suppliers with information in the field of health medical advice, instructions, recommendations or advice, etc. abgeben. Furthermore, we expressly draw the attention of users to obtain expert, in particular (veterinary) medical advice regarding the topics of interest to him.
5. Third Party Content: We point out that we do not adopt the content of the MicroSites as well as the banners and other advertising space as our own, and do not assume any liability for them.
6. Links: The portal or mobile application contains links to other websites ("Sites"). We and our data providers cannot constantly review the content of these Sites or influence the content of these Sites. We do not endorse the content of third party Sites.
4. Limitation of liability
(1) We shall only be liable for damages, regardless of the cause thereof, in the event of intent or gross negligence on the part of our legal representatives, employees or other vicarious agents. This shall apply accordingly in the event of a breach of pre-contractual or ancillary contractual obligations, in the event of tort, as well as in the event of damage caused by a defect or consequential damage caused by a defect. The above provision shall not apply in the event of a breach of cardinal obligations (obligations which are essential for the achievement of the purpose of the contract and on whose compliance the contractual partner may regularly rely).
(2) If we are liable, we shall only be liable to the extent that the damage was foreseeable. In these cases our liability is limited to Euro 300,- per case of damage. This limitation of liability shall not apply if the damage is based on the fact that one of our legal representatives has acted with intent or gross negligence or if another vicarious agent has violated an obligation that is essential for achieving the purpose of the contract with intent or gross negligence.
(3) The exclusions or limitations of liability set out in the preceding paragraphs shall not apply in the absence of assurances given or in the event of damage due to injury to life, limb or health or under the Product Liability Act.
(4) The exclusions or limitations of liability under this section shall apply mutatis mutandis to claims against our affiliated companies and our data suppliers as well as our legal representatives, executive employees and other vicarious agents, our affiliated companies and our data suppliers.
5. Other regulations
(1) These General Terms and Conditions of Use and the relationship between the user and us shall be governed exclusively by German law, to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If the user is a consumer, this shall not result in the user losing the protection afforded by mandatory statutory provisions of the state in which he has his habitual residence.
Version as of April 2021
www.equilec.de / www.equilec.co.uk / www.lupulimashu.cn
Commercial register: HRB 32491
County court Zweibrücken
VAT ID No.: DE341690091
Tax no.: 35/657/10386
Managing Director: Martin Iwanski, Johanna Sophie Rubly